METRO BREAKS 99
deeper drum + bass from darkest toronto
TORONTO'S BROKEN BEATS
This is the follow-up to 1998's METRO BREAKS compilation from NICE+SMOOTH ULTRAMEDIA, featuring world-class drum+bass from Toronto, North America's junglist HQ. The first volume went to the top of the Canadian college radio charts for 2 months after its release, and was reviewed in dozens of magazines including MIXMAG UK and THE LA WEEKLY. Media coverage also included television features on The New Music + EC (Muchmusic/Canada) and guest mixes from Metro Breaks dj's on radio stations in Dallas, Amsterdam and Vienna.
The first Metro Breaks was distributed worldwide and released in two territories, and backed up by 30 live DJ appearances by DJ FREEDOM and series producer GERALD BELANGER across Europe and North America.
METRO BREAKS 99 is comprised of 11 exclusive tracks from Toronto producers,including a collaboration between Grammy Award winning reggae superstar MICHAEL ROSE (of Black Uhuru fame), and KINDER ATOM, recorded at the band's own nice+smooth studios in Toronto.
More information on nice+smooth ultramedia and Metro Breaks dj's can be found at the nice website - www.techno.ca/nice
click the title to listen
1. MICHAEL ROSE with KINDER ATOM - ILLEGAL (Remixes out on Basswerk!!)
2. VISIONARY – RISING (DJ Marcus + Dave Whalen
3. DOY – IT'S ON (feat. the talents of Toronto's top DJ Denise Benson)
4. DON RENKS – HORNET (a runnin' spy-themed cut from the Delerium dj)
6. DAVE WHALEN – ELASTIC BASS (a solo journey with mad analog bass)
7. JEFF HAYNES – NEWMELT (cozy experimentalism)
8. TRANSFORMANTRA – LOVER (big scary feedback whumpa!)
9. LAZAR NESIC – SWEET VICTORY (a lush latin-flavoured tapper)
10. DJ FREEDOM – PINEANGEL (Amanda's debut cut with her own vocals!)
11. KINDER ATOM – MMM! (the title track from their 3rd full-length)
CD: nice 9902-2 2 x LP: nice 9902-1
Available at the nice+smooth online store
The GREEN MAN remix 12" of "Illegal" by KINDER ATOM vs. MICHAEL ROSE is
out now on BASSWERK RECORDS, GERMANY.
For more information please contact: nice+smooth